1. Epsom Salt Baths
- Run your bath water very hot
- Pour ¼- ½ Cup Epsom Salt in regular size tub
- Take a shower to clean off prior to entering the tub
- By the time you are done showering, your bath water should be cool enough to get in
- Jump into the tub with your favorite book, magazine or music
- Enjoy for 20 minutes 2-3 times per week
2. Keep Your Bottom Nice and Dry
- Rule #1 is to get out of those wet swimsuits and gym clothes IMMEDIATELY!
- Rule #2 is to shower of use a saline/sitz spray ASAP after exercise or swimming
- Rule #3 is to keep the area open to air- do not wear panty liners or pads on a continuous basis. Wear cotton underclothes (if you must wear underclothes). Do not wear underclothes under pantyhose. Do not wear full panty hose under pants.
3. Hygiene, Hygiene, Hygiene
- By using wet towelettes after using the restroom (urination and defecation) you will keep your vaginal area clean and the pH in balance.
- The towelettes (similar to diaper wipes but made for adults) can be found in most grocery stores and pharmacies. Remember– always wipe front to back when cleaning yourself.
- Bathing or using the saline/sitz solutions after defecation and intercourse will be critical in maintaining vaginal health and will play a key role in decreasing infections.
By following these instructions on a regular basis you will achieve optimal vaginal health, and should notice a significant decrease in vaginal infections.