Women’s Health Specialist
Dr. Maryann Prewitt believes that your quality of life is as important as your symptoms. She addresses women’s health from the approach of Functional Medicine—she recognizes that each patient is unique and every concern is valid. After an analysis of comprehensive metabolic, hormone, and thyroid panels, Dr. Prewitt partners with you to build a plan to promote your lifelong optimal health. She believes that aging is not about getting older but about getting better.
Why should you schedule a Well-woman Exam?
Why wait for a problem to happen? Dr. Prewitt’s goal is to empower women with knowledge and skill set to extend their health span and longevity. A Well-woman Exam is one of the most important steps that women of all ages can take to protect their health. A typical Well-woman is an annual preventive screening of breast and gynecological diseases. However, Dr. Prewitt’s annual exams are far from typical.
What does Dr. Prewitt’s Well-woman entail?
During your visit, Dr. Prewitt will discuss your health and lifestyle behaviors and she will perform a physical exam of your breast and pelvis. She will also discuss prevention of a broad range of diseases that affect women of all ages.
At HealthWellnessMD, Dr. Prewitt discusses the following:
- prevention of cervical cancers
- screening and prevention of breast cancer and disease
- prevention of colon cancers
- normalizing the thyroid
- prevention of heart disease
- comprehensive metabolic panels
- vitamin and nutrition deficiencies
- incorporating exercise and movement into your routine
- safer alternatives to pharmaceutical protocols
Because heart disease is the number one killer of women and men, Dr. Prewitt encourages patients to get their calcium scores and advises them on nutraceutical alternatives to dangerous statin medications. Because she takes an integrative approach to healthcare, Dr. Prewitt believes in taking nutraceuticals over pharmaceuticals whenever possible and making lifestyle changes for longevity and quality of life.
What else might I expect during my Well-Woman Exam?
- Learn about birth control options
- Discussion of sexually transmitted disease, vaccinations, and HPV prevention
- Discussion of Hormone Replacement Therapy with Pellets
- Evaluation of diet and weight management solutions
- Candid discussion of your sexual health and wellness
- Mental health screening for depression and dementia prevention
- Education about and solutions for incontinence and urinary leakage
- Strategies and long-term solutions for strengthening the pelvic floor
Dr. Prewitt’s Last Word
Women typically take of others before themselves. Dr. Prewitt encourages women to water and fertilize their own tree first, in order to enrich our own lives as well as the lives of those we love.