The Vampire Facial® is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that involves applying PRP (platelet-rich plasma) to the skin of the face. We use the PRP that is derived from your own blood to regenerate and rejuvenate the skin of the face. You probably thought vampires were the only ones who harvested blood to stay young. But, Dr. Prewitt and our team are doing it right here at our medical spa. Because they utilize your own blood, PRP treatments are nicknamed “Vampire” treatments. They work by stimulating the growth of new tissue and collagen which can improve the skin, the hair through PRP Hair Restoration, and body using the Vampire with no surgery, no downtime, and best of all, natural-looking and striking results.
How does the Vampire Facial® work?
The Vampire Facial® starts with a simple blood draw – just like when you’re doing labs at any doctor appointment. We then take that blood and place into a centrifuge, separating the red-blood cells from the platelets. The resulting serum contains potent growth factors to help rejuvenate the skin, stimulate collagen and tissue regeneration, and improve blood circulation to the skin of the face. Our aestheticians micro-needle the skin, then apply this revitalizing serum to the face. Because we only utilize your own blood for the Vampire Facial®, you know the treatment is safe.
What are the benefits of the Vampire Facial® ?
The Vampire Facial® can be used to treat a wide range of cosmetic concerns on the face, improving the appearance and texture of your skin through:
- Reducing wrinkles
- Erasing fine lines
- Stimulating cellular regeneration and new tissue growth
- Adding volume
- Increased collagen and elastin production
- Fading scars, including acne scars
- Improvement of hyper-pigmentation
- Elimination of uneven skin tone and sun damage
- Improving the skin’s tone and texture
- Softer, smoother, more youthful skin
What does this process look like?
We perform the Vampire Facial® right here in our medical spa. The whole procedure takes under an hour and then you can resume your normal routine.
- A sample of blood is obtained from the patient (about the same amount that would be drawn for a lab test).
- The blood is spun at a very rapid rate in a centrifuge to separate the PRP from the other components of the blood.
- Our aestheticians use a micro-needling device to create micro-channels on the surface of the skin.
- The serum is applied directly to the already primed epidermis.
- The platelets will start to regenerate the tissue in about 2 weeks.
Some patients report noticing results sooner and every patient will continue to regenerate for up to 6 months. The effects of the Vampire Facial® can last up to two years depending on the patient. This is a very safe procedure with virtually no side effects since you are utilizing materials from your own body.